At the frontier of astronomy and watch making, the new Twenty-8-Eight Full Moon watch is another in the emblematic line of models from the house of DeWitt, with a unique, aesthetic signature that combines poetry with fine watch making. Earthly and heavenly elements intertwine via an extremely original dial architecture and an audacious combination of special materials which add to the dream.
With a round 43mm titanium case decorated with the famous imperial columns, the Twenty-8-Eight Full Moon is driven by a robust and reliable automatic calibre vibrating at 28,800 and a 42-hour power reserve. A partial skeleton, the left side of the dial is reminiscent of an atlas with relief and contours displayed, providing a dreamlike vision of our world. The gold colour tone of the two geared wheels fires up the "mineral" aesthetics of the movement, like a second natural element. This visual path ends with celestial infinity, ornamenting the right hand side of the dial, symbolised by the Goldfluss. This synthetic glass, produced with copper and special firing using a very ancient process, was discovered in Venice in the twelfth century and gave birth to the famous Murano glass. Roman and Arabic numerals in rose gold colour tone, as if suspended in this starry dome, give subtlety and poetry to reading the time.
The moon phase module is positioned in the lower part of the dial, was developed and is manufactured entirely in house. The moon, which symbolises the cycle of life, is represented by a hemisphere of white mother-of-pearl which appears and disappears as the days pass through an appliqued aperture in rose gold colour tone reminiscent of an astronomical telescope. Unlike other watch models with a moon phase function, two moons are displayed in the window and play opposite each other with a unique interpretation of the cycles of life.
The Twenty-8-Eight has a black alligator wristband and a folding titanium buckle. Like every DeWitt creation, it fully meets the very high standards of finishing required by Manufacture DeWitt: brushed, polished and chamfered. There are also two small "W" signatures on the crown and on the buckle.
Elegantly balancing earthly and terrestrial elements, the Twenty-8-Eight Full Moon watch gives a very personal interpretation of the time and the cycle of life, combining creative audacity with exceptional watch-making know-how.
- Reference DW.0160
- Movement Mechanical self-winding movement
- Diameter 33 mm
- Functions Hours, minutes, moon phase
- Power reserve 42 hours
- Frequency 28,800 vph
- Rotor DeWitt design with “Côtes de Genève” pattern
- Balance 3-armed, made in Glucydur
- Spiral Flat
- Escapement 51° angle of lift
- Jewelling 21 jewels
- Case Round case with DeWitt imperial columns on the sides
- Material Grade 5 titanium
- Diameter 43 mm
- Total thickness 12.25 mm
- Crown Titanium, polished, ring in blackened titanium, “W” signature
- Case back DeWitt design, “W” signature
- Distance between lugs 21 mm
- Dial Silver adorned with two Goldfluss plaques. Roman and Arabic indexes in rose gold colour tone. Appliqued moon aperture in rose gold colour tone. Half-sphere moons in white mother-of- pearl
- Hands Hours and Minutes: rose gold colour tone open-worked hands in the form of double-edged swords
- Wristband Black alligator
- Buckle Grade 5 Neotitanium and steel triple-blade folding clasp, polished and brushed, engraved “W” signature
- Water-resistance 30 metres