Unique piece Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time dedicated to the INAH, reinforces the agreement between the Vacheron Constantin Manufacture and the “Castillo de Chapultepec”
Mexico – October 6, 2013 – At the occasion of the SIAR 2013 Gala dinner and auction, orchestrated by Sotheby’s, Vacheron Constantin has created a unique Patrimony Traditionelle World Time. On the night of October 2, 2013, the gala dinner Sotheby's SIAR was held at the Casa del Lago, where renowned people of the Mexican society, as well as, domestic and foreign journalists were honored to witness the auction of the unique piece Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time INAH edition. This auction was intended to appeal to all those present to support and promote the recovery of the national heritage of all Mexicans. The proceeds of the auction will be donated entirely to the INAH.
This unique piece especially made for the occasion represents the combination of technical skills and aesthetic taste cultivated by Vacheron Constantin. The complications of the World Time with the 37 time zones strengthens the technical excellence and creative spirit that has guided the Maison for more than 250 years. In addition, the dial and oscillating weight of the watch have been customized for this special occasion – still remaining in the spirit of the orginal model.
Vacheron Constantin signed an agreement in 2012 with the National Museum of History "Castillo de Chapultepec" through the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH). This agreement establishes the Maison's commitment to assist in the analysis, survey, diagnosis and possible restoration of the collection of pocket watches, as well as, clocks belonging to the Castillo.
In 2013 with the purpose of strengthening and continuing the commitment to support the preservation of the heritage of all Mexicans, Vacheron Constantin created a unique piece of one of its most iconic models, the Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time.
- Developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin
- Mechanical hand - winding
- 36.6mm (11’’’ 1/4) diameter
- 7.55 mm thickness
- Approximately 40 hour power reserve
- 4 Hz (28’800 vibrations/hour)
- 255 parts
- 27 jewels
- Central Seconds
- Hours of 37 time-zones with night / day indication
- 18 Pink Gold 42.5 mm diameter, 11.02 mm thickness
- Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
- Water resistance: 3 bar (approx. 30 meters)
Dial 3 pieces dial:
- Sapphire crystal with gray color shade as day/night indication and 24-hour indications inked & engraved
- Metal green color with "Lambert Projection" type map and transferred cities names. Mexico painted in green color. 24 cities with regular 1hr time-zones painted in black, 13 cities with ¼ hour or ½ hour painted in red.
- Metal matt white varnish external ring with black painted minute-track and gold applied hour-markers
Strap Brown Mississippiensis alligator, hand-stitched, saddle-finish, large square scales
Clasp 18K 5N pink gold triple blade folding clasp, polished half Maltese cross
Box Luxury model with an engraved plate
Accessories Equipped with a magnifying glass