Technical refinement dedicated to casual elegance
In 2013, the Overseas collection by Vacheron Constantin welcomes a new steel chronograph, featuring a deep blue dial and fitted with matching leather and rubber straps.
This new model enriches the range of Vacheron Constantin’s automatic chronographs, one of watch enthusiasts’ most sought-after complications. Graced with a meticulously finished deep blue dial enhanced by luminescent hands and hour-markers guaranteeing perfect readability, this new model gives a dynamic boost to the Overseas collection, while preserving the distinctive characteristics that have forged the strength of this technical and sporty line since its launch in 1996. The inimitably elegant Overseas ‘signature’ is reflected in the famous bezel inspired by the Maltese cross and on the case-back adorned with the three-masted Amerigo Vespucci, a symbol of the world’s greatest sailors travels.
On a technical level, all Overseas chronographs are endowed with water resistance to 15 bar (around 150 metres), as well as anti-magnetic protection certified to 25,000 A/m (compared with the standard 4,000 A/m) thanks to a soft iron cage shielding the movement from the effects of magnetic fields.
The complex mechanism of the Overseas Chronograph, with its subtle connotations of sporting achievements and timekeeping precision, makes it a natural object of fascination. Calibre 1137 is a mechanical self-winding chronograph movement featuring 183 parts, a 40-hour power reserve and a frequency of 21,600 vibrations per hour. In addition to showing the hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock and the chronograph functions – sweep seconds hand, 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock and 12-hour counter at 9 o’clock – this model also provides a large date display through a twin aperture at 12 o’clock.
This sophisticated and elegant Overseas Chronograph with its 42 mm-diameter case comes with two dark blue straps: one in vulcanised rubber and the other in alligator leather. A triple-blade, twin-pusher steel folding clasp guarantees both security and comfort on the wrist for the wearer of this technical and sporty watch.
This new chronograph will be available exclusively in the United States and in Vacheron Constantin boutiques as of late 2013, before making its worldwide appearance from summer 2014 onwards.
Ref. : 49150/000A-9745
- Mechanical self-winding
- 26.20 mm (11’’’ .) diameter
- 6.60 mm thick
- Approximately 40-hour of power reserve
- 3 Hz (21’600 vibrations/hour)
- 183 components
- 27 jewels
- Hours, minutes and small seconds at 6 o’clock
- Large date at 12 o’clock
- Chronograph with column wheel
- 12-hour and 30-minute counters
- Stainless steel
- 42 mm diameter, 12.45 mm thick
- Screwed-down crown and pushpieces
- Solid case-back with stamped “Overseas” medallion
- Water resistance tested at a pressure of 15 bar (approx. 150 metres)
- Laquered blue shiny dial with white painted indications
- Blue snailed counters with rhodiumized diamond-polish filets
- Hands and hour-markers in 18K white gold with white luminescent material
- Dark blue Mississippiensis alligator leather strap, hand-stiched, saddle-finish, large square scales
- Delivered with a second dark blue rubber strap
- Stainless steel triple blade folding clasp, double security with buttons