Limited edition of 30 pieces in carbon nanotubes and titanium.
CALIBER RM36-01: manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes, rotary G-sensor, power reserve indicator and function selector.
Diameter: 47.70 x 17.37 mm.
POWER RESERVE Circa 70 hours (±10%), display on a numeric scale at 2 o’clock.
BASEPLATE AND BRIDGES IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM The baseplate has been finished in grade 5 titanium, a biocompatible, highly corrosion-resistant and remarkably rigid alloy, which enables the gear train to function effortlessly. The alloy is 90 % grade 5 titanium, 6% aluminum and 4 % vanadium. This combination further increases its mechanical properties, which explains its frequent use in the aerospace, aeronautic and automotive industries. The baseplate is also PVD treated.
The skeletonised baseplate and the bridges have been subjected to intensive and complete validation tests to optimize their resistance capacities.
ROTARY G-SENSOR Composed of over 50 parts and measuring a mere 17mm, the rotary G-sensor is designed to visually display the number of G’s accumulated by the driver during the different phases of driving such as rapid acceleration, deceleration and lateral forces. The direction of the G-force to be recorded is set by rotating the bezel.
The G-sensor system operates on the principle of displacement of a weight, and a needle on the scale indicates whether the number of Gs accumulated is mild (green zone) or critical (red zone) for the driver. A push-piece set at the center of the sapphire glass quickly resets it to zero.
FUNCTION SELECTOR In a manner similar to a car’s gearbox, a push-button located at the center of the crown allows one to select the winding, neutral and handsetting functions with a simple push. A small hand near at 4 o’clock displays the selected function: W (winding) – N (neutral) – H (handsetting).
FREE SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA The free-sprung balance with variable inertia and a terminal-curve spring guarantees greater reliability in case of impacts and during movement assembly and disassembly, thus achieving better chronometric results over time.
FAST ROTATING BARREL (6 hours per revolution instead of 7.5 hours) This type of barrel provides the following advantages: - The phenomenon of periodic internal mainspring adhesion is significantly diminished, thereby increasing performance - Provision of an excellent mainspring delta curve with an ideal power reserve/performance and regularity ratio.
BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL This device permits a profitable winding gain (circa 20 %), especially during the winding start. It is also helpful in the distribution of the mainspring’s internal tension.
MODULAR TIME SETTING MECHANISM FITTED AGAINST THE CASE BACK Provides the following advantages for longevity and maintenance: - Since the component is mounted outside of the movement, the time setting assembly can be changed without affecting the integrity of the baseplate in the event of a possible defect or during maintenance, - The mounting and dismantling of this module from the back will not require there moval of the hands and the dial.
WHEEL BASED TIME SETTING SYSTEM (back of the movement) Provides smooth time setting functions through the elimination of engaging friction by replacing it with rolling friction.
CERAMIC ENDSTONE FOR THE TOURBILLON CAGE This reflects a technical and long-term view towards the elimination of wear phenomena, resulting in improved technical tribology.
CENTRAL BRIDGE IN RIGIDIFIED ARCAP Ensures high rigidity of the baseplate and the bridge assembly of the going train.
WINDING BARREL TEETH AND THIRD-WHEEL PINION WITH CENTRAL INVOLUTE PROFILE The central involute profile of the winding barrel teeth and pinion provides an optimal pressure angle of 20°. This promotes effective rotary motion and allows for compensation of possible variations in the engagement of the going train, thus insuring excellent torque transmission with a distinct improvement in performance.
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
- Movement diameter: 36.60mm
- Thickness: 3.96 mm
- G sensor module thickness: 10.25 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 10 mm
- Jewels: 37
- Balance: Glucydur, 2 arms and 4 setting screws, inertia moment 11.50 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 21’600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
- Barrel arbor: in nickel-free chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S), with the following characteristics: stainless – antimagnetic – suitable for tempering.
CASE The three-part case of the RM 36-01 is composed of extremely advanced materials:
- Rotatingbezel:inTZP-Z brown ceramic made of aluminum oxide powder tubes injected at a pressure of almost 2,000bar. It is noted for being a particularly scratch-resistant material (1,400 Vickers), possessing a stable color. Brown ceramic requires a long and difficult machining and grinding process using special diamond tools.
- Caseband: made from an extremely strong anthracite polymer injected with carbon nanotubes. This combination produces a material that provides perfect protection for the movement and the tourbillon.
- Caseback and fixed bezel: in grade 5 titanium, a biocompatible, highly corrosion-resistant and remarkably rigid alloy. It is composed of 90% titanium, 6% aluminum and 4% vanadium, a combination that further enhances the mechanical properties of the material.
The design and execution of the watch demonstrates a complete conceptual approach to the movement, case and dial. As a result, everything has been constructed according to an extremely rigorous specifications, in the manner of the analytical engineering methods used in the design of Formula 1 racing cars where the chassis and the engine are developed in complete harmony.
The three-part case is water resistant to 30 meters ensured by two Nitril O-ring seals. The case is assembled with 20 spline screws in grade 5 titanium and abrasion resistant washers in 316L stainless steel.
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE CASE This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
FLANGES In titanium, black galvanic coated, with index point filled with approved luminous material.
DIAL In sapphire (thickness: 0.40 mm) with ant-glare treatment (both sides).
- Bezel side: in sapphire (1800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
- Thickness: at the center 2.45 mm and outer edges 1.72 mm
- Caseback: in sapphire with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
- Thickness: at the center 1.00 mm and outer edges 1.74 mm
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Locking sections hand polished
- Sapphire blasted milled sections
- Lapped and polished contact points
- Burnished pivots
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Drawn outer faces
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular-smoothed faces
- Rhodium plating (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections are made to the wheels to preserve their geometry and over all performance