Far Eastern traditions and culture once again inspire Perrelet, which is issuing this special edition of the Turbine watch to celebrate the Chinese year of the snake. The under-dial of the iconic Turbine model becomes a canvas upon which the Perrelet master artisans express their creativity by giving shape to a unique and original work paying tribute to the majestic beauty of the serpent. According to popular Chinese beliefs, snakes are said to bring good luck and to ward off misfortune.
The reptile is meticulously reproduced by hand in magnificent detail: against a neutral white mother-of- pearl background, the animal appears in all its majestic
splendour, crafted from Polynesian mother-of-pearl that defines its profile and the individual scales. Its eye glows with the light radiating from a 0.025-carat ruby. This motif is framed by a total-black DLC-coated steel 44 mm-diameter case, teamed with a superb black crocodile leather strap. The understated elegance of this watch is further enhanced by the decision to accentuate the superb dark effect by choosing a turbine composed of 12 rapidly rotating black titanium blades alternately revealing the beauty of the serpent beneath.
The Turbine Snake is issued in a 99-piece numbered limited edition, equipped with the exclusive in-house P-331 double rotor movement.
- Mechanical automatic, P-331/ In-house caliber
- Exclusive hollowed and personal-ized Perrelet oscillating weight
- Double Rotor
- Central hands indicating hours, minutes and seconds
- Stainless steel with DLC coating
- Diameter 44 mm, thickness 13.00 mm
- Glare proofed sapphire crystal (front and back)
- Black turbine (12 titanium blades), mother- of-pearl under-dial and snake motif in Polynesian mother-of-pearl
- Luminous Arabic numerals and hour-markers
- 1 ruby (0.025 ct)
WATER RESISTANCE 5 ATM
- Black alligator, stainless steel folding clasp with DLC coating