Swiss luxury watch brand Hublot and Shawn “JAY Z” Carter, one of the most important cultural icons of our time, have joined together in a creative collaboration resulting in two stunning timepieces as part of the newly unveiled, Shawn Carter Collection.
Brought to life through the artist’s holiday collaboration with Barneys’, “A New York Holiday,” the limited edition collection will be available exclusively at Barneys New York and at select Hublot around the world beginning November 20th.
“With this project, Barneys New York, the participating labels and I were able to take the sleekness, energy, and innovation and translate that into quality timeless pieces. Everything that encompasses a ‘New York holiday’ – the items chosen and the amazing designers that participated – represents a perfect example of a unique and groundbreaking collaboration that I hope demonstrates how inspiring New York has been to me” stated JAY Z.
Ricardo Guadalupe, CEO of Hublot added, “After having been the first luxury watch brand to enter the world of soccer as Timekeeper of the World Cup in 2010, the first to enter basketball with the partnership with Miami Heat and the LA Lakers, the first luxury watch brand to have partnered with Ferrari, we are now the first luxury watch brand to become a partner of one of the icons of music. Together with JAY Z, we believe that we have always been the first, different and unique.”
The Shawn Carter by Hublot 45mm timepieces, both on black alligator straps, fall on the high end of the Barneys collaboration, with a yellow 18K gold timepiece and a black ceramic version. The starburst like emblem is the official logo of the artist’s newly minted Shawn Carter collection that will include three additional luxury pieces: a travel humidor, cognac and fragrance. Carter elevated his Hublot collaboration by singling it out to continue beyond “A New York Holiday” which will run from November 20th through January 3rd.
Twenty five percent of all sales from the Barneys project will go toward the Shawn Carter Scholarship Foundation. Celebrating its 10 year anniversary, the Shawn Carter Foundation is a New York-based charity which awards post-secondary scholarships to students facing socio-economic hardships.
Invalid Scald ID.
- 515.CM.1040.LR.SCH13 - Ceramic – Limited to 250 numbered pieces
- 515.VX.4001.LR.SCH13 – Gold 3N – Limited to 100 numbered pieces
- Classic Fusion" - Diameter 45 mm
- Black Ceramic or Gold 3N, polished and satin-finished
- Ceramic, or Gold 3N with vertical satin-finished
- 6 H-shaped titanium screws, countersunk, polished & locked
Crystal Sapphire with interior/exterior anti-reflective coating
Bezel Lug Black composite resin
Crown Polished ceramic, or Gold 3N, with Hublot logo
- Polished ceramic, or Gold 3N satin-finished
- Sapphire crystal with interior anti-reflective treatment
- Mat Black, or Gold 3N plated dial
- Satin-finished black-plated or Gold 3N plated appliques
- Opened Shawn Carter exclusive logo at the center revealing the movement
- Black coated, polished or Gold 3N plated indexes
Hands Polished black-plated, or Gold 3N
- CLASSICO HUB1300 hand-winding skeleton
- Thickness 2.90 mm
- Components 123 (23 jewels)
- Frequency 3 Hz (21,600 Vib/h)
- Power reserve Approximately 90 hours
Water resist 5 ATM, i.e. approx 50 metres
Strap Black alligator stitched onto black rubber with black stitching.
Clasp Deployant buckle in black PVD steel or Gold 3N