Limited edition of 88 Official Timekeeper of GT Asia Series
The High Mass of racing is held each year at the Guia circuit, Macau. Attracting hundreds of thousands of people from China and surrounding Asian countries, the Macau GP is the place to be for racing and beautiful show lovers. With the new Chronofighter Oversize Superlight GT Asia, GRAHAM devotes its watch making and motorsport expertise to this international competition. To put a successful mark to the Season finale, the limited edition of 88 pieces features a new lightweight concept case made of carbon nanotubes and bears bright colours and track codes.
The Chronofighter Oversize Superlight GT Asia will be presented at the Macau GP weekend to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the prestigious Macau Grand Prix from 15th to 17th November and will without doubt be a leader in the last lap.
GRAHAM has won its “wheels” in racing thanks to various partnerships and the creation of vivid timepieces that meet the most prestigious mechanical sports’ expectations.
The brand is a long-term partner of GT Asia which is the leading GT Series in Asia and welcomes the most exciting names in racing. This season GRAHAM also decided to pair up with four drivers. Alex Yoong from Malaysia, Marchy Lee, Hong Kong, Cong Fu Cheng, China and Jeffrey Lee, Taiwan. The driver partners, Philip Ma of Hong King and Francis Hideki from Japan will also represent the brand for the 2013 season.
Eric Loth, GRAHAM CEO commented: "The GT Asia Series is an exceptional event which enthrals thousands of racing enthusiasts. We are proud to race alongside great champions and partners. This year especially we could not miss the season without bringing our watch making skills to the highest level of performance to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Macau Grand Prix. The result is our Chronofighter Oversize Superlight GT Asia showing what mechanics and motorsport are all about."
The limited edition Chronofighter Oversize Superlight GT Asia is a new concept watch dedicated to speed, adrenaline and advanced technology. The start and stop lever on the left of the case, the renowned GRAHAM signature, is made of plain carbon and results from a very specific machining process. This means that the lever is a unique piece of carbon which provides the watch with more stiffness and enhanced usability. The black ceramic bezel gives the watch its strength and shining personality.
Enhanced with a lightweight black carbon nanotube composite case, the highly shock absorbing watch weighs less than 100g.
The new Superlight chronograph facilitates the measurement of speed thanks to a tachymeter scale and a reversed minute’s counter with a yellow painted indicator to show the starting point. The function emphasizes intuitive and immediate reading. The integrated red rubber strap with “Clous de Paris” decoration brings the final touch of punch to move forward through racing conditions.
Invalid Scald ID.
- Chronograph (seconds, 30 minutes counter). Date at 8 o'clock
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Calibre Calibre G1747, automatic chronograph, 28'800 A/h (4Hz), Incabloc shock absorber
- 25 jewels
- Power reserve : 48 hours
- 47 mm superlight black carbon nanotube composite case (51g)
- Total weight of the watch is under 100g
- Black carbon left fast-action start/stop trigger and black rubber reset pusher
- Black ceramic bezel
- Domed sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on both faces
- Smoked sapphire crystal case back with GT Asia, superlight inscriptions and limited edition serial number
- 330 feet / 100 m /10 bar
- Black dial and snailed counters
- White GT Asia inscription at 9 o'clock, yellow superlight inscription at 12 o'clock
- White Super-LumiNova hands and numerals, red chrono, minutes and seconds counters' hands
- Minute scale with yellow numerals.
- Reversed minutes counter with yellow painted indicator to show starting point
- Tachymeter scale with yellow graduation
- Integrated red rubber strap with "Clous de Paris" decoration
- Black ceramic pin buckle
Price 7'800 CHF