It always starts with the lever, then the idea begins to gain momentum. A first technological challenge, then a second. GRAHAM achieved a remarkable technological timepiece which brings Superlight technology to its peak and to high-end watch making. The Chronofighter Superlight Carbon is the first Chronofighter carbon-fibre-made watch combining complex and unprecedented machining processes. The superlight black carbon nanotube composite case is enhanced by a carbon trigger, bezel, dial and buckle. Light, soft and comfortable to wear, the Chronofighter Oversize Superlight Carbon will survive rough treatment and the passage of time.
Only a high-level of ambition and extensive research enabled the creation of the impactful and reliable Superlight carbon watch. Perhaps, the easiest way to understand the technical feat is to think of the various carbon properties. Convenient, malleable and lightweight, carbon is the preferred material in aeronautics, car racing, aerospace, sports and other domains that require lightweight, strength and performance. By combining carbon fibre and a strong polymer matrix, carbon fibre composites are simply reshaping the world of high performances. All the conditions are there to create the most resistant and lightest time machine.
The Chronofighter Oversize Superlight Carbon complete watch weighs lighter than 100g.
GRAHAM has developed a case, made of carbon nanotube speckled composite.
The start and stop lever on the left of the case, the renowned GRAHAM signature, is made of plain carbon fibre –multi layers- and results from a very specific machining process.
This means that the lever is a unique piece of carbon which provides the watch with more stiffness and enhanced usability.
Thanks to the instinctive and precise use of the carbon fibre trigger, the chronograph facilitates the measurement of speed thanks to a tachymeter scale and a reversed minute’s counter with a white painted indicator to show the starting point. The function emphasizes the intuitive use of the chronograph and immediate reading.
The shiny carbon bezel and dial perfectly finish the watch design and enable an optimum lightweight and shockproof use in all situations. Dedicated to adrenaline and advanced technology, the watch is held by a red integrated “Clous de Paris” strap and plain carbon fibre buckle made of different parts and resulting froman inventive assembly process. No doubt you will create a fused relationship with The Chronofighter Oversize Superlight Carbon.
- Chronograph (seconds,30minutescounter)
- Date at 8 o'clock Hours,minutes,seconds
- Calibre G1747, automatic chronograph, 28'800A/h (4Hz), Incabloc shock absorber
- Power reserve: 48hours
- 47mm superlight black carbon nanotube composite case
- Total weight of the watch is lighter than 100g
- Black carbon fast-action start/stop trigger (3K carbon frame) and black rubber reset pusher with "Clous de Paris" highgrip pattern Black carbon (3K) bezel
- Domed sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on both faces
- Smoked sapphire crystal caseback
Water resistance 330 feet/ 100 m/ 10 bar
- Black carbon (3K), snailed seconds and minutes counters Limegreen Super-LumiNova coated hands and numerals, red chrono, minutes and seconds counters'hands
- Tachymeter scale with white graduation
- Reversed minutes counter with white painted indicator to show starting point
- Integrated red rubber strap with "Clous de Paris" Black carbon (3K) pin buckle