Ensenada, peaceful town in Mexico known as La Cenicienta del Pacífico, "The Cinderella of the Pacific." What a pleasant place to enjoy the sea, sun and nature. But the area leaves behind its calm and peacefulness for 4 days to turn into the crazy track of the legendary Tecate Score Baja 1000 race. For the second successive year, GRAHAM is the official timekeeper of the off-road desert race. The 2013 event will see the new limited edition Chronofighter Oversize Superlight Baja 1000 watch on the most enthusiasts’ wrists. Limited to 200 pieces, the Superlight watch, with a carbon nanotubes case, demonstrates GRAHAM expertise and passion for challenge and high-technology.
With the air temperature rising as high as 40 degrees Celsius and no wind in the afternoon, the Tecate Score Baja 1000 race takes place in a wild and unforgiving environment. Attracting over 350 entries from 30 States and a dozen countries each year, the gruelling course runs through villages along the peninsula luring nearly 200,000 spectators.
Little more than half of the racers will finish this incredible test of man and machine where mechanical failures and vehicle flip-overs are all par for the course. That is why GRAHAM had to create a limited edition watch to celebrate these adventure racers and thrill seekers.
Eric Loth, GRAHAM CEO commented: "We are delighted to be involved in the Baja 1000 race for the second successive year. The event is fantastic and always full of positive energy and we are looking forward to seeing the GRAHAM branding running all over the track once again this year. We have also proudly developed a limited edition Chronofighter Oversize Superlight watch that we look forward to sharing with race and fine mechanical engineering aficionados. "
The limited edition Chronofighter Oversize Superlight Baja 1000 is a new concept watch dedicated to speed, adrenaline and advanced technology. The start and stop lever on the left of the case, the renowned GRAHAM signature, is made of plain carbon and results from a very specific machining process. This means that the lever is a unique piece of carbon which provides the watch with more stiffness and enhanced usability. The black ceramic bezel gives the watch its strength and shining personality.
Enhanced with a lightweight black carbon nanotube composite case, the highly shock absorbing watch weighs less than 100g.
The new Superlight chronograph facilitates the measurement of speed thanks to a tachymeter scale and a reversed minutes counter with a beige painted indicator to show the starting point. The function emphasizes intuitive and immediate reading. The integrated beige rubber strap with “Clous de Paris” decoration brings the final touch of punch to move forward through desert conditions.
2013 Tecate Score Baja 1000 – November 14th to 17th
Invalid Scald ID.
- Chronograph (seconds, 30 minutes counter)
- Date at 8 o'clock
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Calibre G1747, automatic chronograph, 28'800 A/h (4Hz), Incabloc shock absorber
- 25 jewels
- Power reserve : 48 hours
- 47 mm superlight black carbon nanotube composite case
- Total weight of the watch is under 100g
- Black carbon left fast-action start/stop trigger and black rubber reset pusher
- Black ceramic bezel
- Domed sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on both faces
- Smoked sapphire crystal case back with Baja 1000, superlight inscriptions and limited edition serial number
- 330 feet / 100 m /10 bar
- Beige lacquered dial, snailed beige hours and black minutes counters
- Red Baja 1000 inscription at 9 o'clock, red superlight inscription at 12 o'clock
- Black Super-LumiNova hands, numerals and indexes, red chrono, minutes and seconds counter hands
- Reversed minutes counter with beige painted indicator to show starting point
- Tachymeter scale with black graduation
- Integrated beige rubber strap with "Clous de Paris" decoration
- Black ceramic pin buckle
Price 7'800 CHF