“O time, suspend your flight…” Taken from the famous poem by French writer, Alphonse de Lamartine, these words wonderfully sum up the new Cobra with its suspended skeleton movement. Never have poetry and watchmaking come together so well.
The famous “Cobra” collection by Franc Vila, the first evolution of the famous case that is so characteristic of the “Esprit Unique” of the brand, is now available in a skeleton version. This latest creation, the Cobra FV 18E “Manual Suspended Skeleton”, combines titanium, steel, and carbon fiber in the case. In order to appreciate the inner mechanical workings, the timepiece has eliminated the dial and replaced it with the glass of the bezel for a better view of the movement. When our regard stops at the skeleton movement, it is like magic. Time becomes suspended as if by enchantment.
While the movement is hand-assembled and finished, the prowess lies in the fact that the movement is in total suspension. It is held in place by an ingenious system of springs. The main plate and the bridges have been given a sandblasted and diamond finish, and have been chamfered and treated with an NAC technique. The gears are in rhodium to give it an even more brilliant appearance. Another feature is the barrel, which is held in place by means of a sliding bar to avoid damage that might be caused by excessive winding of the movement. This skeletonized and suspended Cobra movement gracefully pays homage to master watchmakers and Swiss savoir-faire. Time escapes us for our greatest pleasure.
Limited edition of 88 pieces
- Bezel in titanium-steel and carbon fiber. Special “Esprit Unique” shape with an elliptical and circular bezel. Sapphire crystal and case back with double anti-reflective treatment
- Water-resistant to 100 meters
- The high-quality, manual-winding FV 18E skeleton mechanical movement has been hand-assembled and finished. The movement is held in place by a system of springs. The main plate and bridges have been given a sand-blasted and diamond finish, treated with NAC. Rhodium gear train. Barrel secured with a sliding bar to prevent damage from over-winding. 21 jewels. 28,000 vibrations per hour
- Power reserve of 44 to 46 hours
- Hours, minutes
- Crystal imbedded with numbers and FV logo
- Black rubber with fold-over clasp in steel.
Retail price from 30'800.00 CHF