A tribute to motor sports and to elegance
The L.U.C Engine One Tourbillon is now available in 18-carat rose gold. Equipped with the L.U.C 04.01-L tourbillon movement machined like an engine block and mounted on anti-vibration pads, the L.U.C Engine One Tourbillon Rose Gold pays refined and elegant homage to the field of motor sports.
Since 2010, the various versions of the L.U.C Engine One Tourbillon have distinguished themselves by their powerful character and modern lines. The new variation in 18-carat rose gold lends an aura of elegant refinement to a decidedly sporty watch, perfectly rounding out the series of mechanical thoroughbreds that pay vibrant tribute to the world of car racing and performance.
Also inspired by the automobile world, the dial is a study in transparency. The Arabic numerals and hour-markers are engraved beneath the glareproofed sapphire crystal and then tinted in blue – a colour also featured on the power-reserve indicator and the movement screws. This deep shade creates a striking contrast with the rhodiumed black parts of the mechanical movement and judiciously emphasises both the sporty and elegant nature of this resolutely unclassifiable model representing a cross between traditional Fine Watchmaking and a concept-watch approach.
In keeping with automobile traditions, the mainplate designed like a reamed engine block is engraved with the Chopard signature. Also fixed directly to the upper face of the movement in a circular segment, the 12 o’clock power-reserve indication thus appears exactly opposite the tourbillon bridge at 6 o’clock.
Born of a high-powered encounter between the world of automobile sports and Fine Watchmaking, the new L.U.C Engine One is a true mechanical thoroughbred radiating an aura of highly original refinement and issued in a limited series of 100.
- 18-carat rose gold
- Length 44.40 mm
- Width 35.40 mm
- Thickness 10.90 mm
- Water resistance 50 metres
- Titanium crown with L.U.C logo 7.00 mm
- Glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Exhibition back fitted with glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Hand-wound tourbillon L.U.C 04.01-L
- Total diameter 34.00 X 25.90 mm
· Thickness 5.60 mm
- Number of jewels 29
- Frequency 28,800 vph
- 1 barrel
- Power reserve 60 hours
- Chronometer-certified (COSC)
Dial and hands:
- Arabic numerals engraved beneath the crystal and blue-tinted
- Gilt hour and minute hands
- Blue small seconds hand
- White-tipped blue power-reserve hand
Functions and displays:
- Central displays of the hours and minutes
- Small seconds displayed at 6 o’clock
- Power-reserve display at 12 o’clock
Strap and buckle:
- Hand-sewn chestnut brown alligator leather lined with cognac-toned alligator leather
- 18-carat rose gold pin buckle