Launches new model
Limited to 100 pieces in Silver and 50 in 9ct Gold the new watch created is hand made in Nottingham, England using a movement which was made in England by Smiths.
The base calibre is fully dismantled and hand finished with 9 grades of abrasives followed by diamantine to achieve a perfect mirror polish. The cases are designed using CAD which allows the precision milling of a casting wax. At this point modern techniques give way to traditional methods of metal casting using the lost wax process followed by hand finishing.
The dial is hand made and finished using manual pad printing which transfers the image to the dial from using two engraved plates to transfer the two colours of printing ink.
Laser engraving is used to mark the case back with the signature "Andrew Glover" and the London hallmark.
Andrew Glover: "I am a 28 year old watchmaker from England. I enjoy the fusion of cutting edge technology and technique with more traditional methods which have existed for centuries. This is the ethos I intend to impart into my watchmaking going forward. In the future I have several ideas which I plan to incorporate into my own movement calibres. The first of which is about 60% through the initial design process."
Invalid Scald ID.
- Case Material – Hand polished Stirling Silver with laser engraving
- Strap Material – Italian hand made alligator hide
- Strap Width - 18mm
- Buckle Material – Hand Polished Stirling Silver with laser engraving
- Case Diameter – 36mm
- Case Length (lug to lug) – 46.2mm
- Thickness – 13.5mm
- Crown Diameter – 7mm
- Movement Finish – Polished brass with blued steel screws
- Movement Frequency – 18000 BPH
- Front Crystal – Hand cut curved mineral glass
- Rear Crystal – Machine cut flat mineral glass